even different students need different approach as well..
so I'm sharing my approach... which not entirely mine either..
something i pick here n there through my experience..
hope u found this beneficial for u.. yes share it will u
In this question, pupils are required to write 5 simple sentences to describe the picture given.
This is the approach I'm using for my weak but definitely has potential class. The fifth class..
drills them on subjects (people, animals)
- The people are
- The pupils are
- The children are
- The family is
- A boy is
- A girl is
- Two boys are
- A few girls are
- A man and a woman are..
- The cows are.. etc
make sure they know how to identify and differentiate the subjects..
children don't usually see as we see.. a picture may help in the beginning.
also stress on the grammar - is and are
this is extremely important.
(this may take a week, less or more.. depending on ur pupils level)
lots of them..
- holding a pail
- wearing a baju kurung
- carrying a tray etc..
again pictures definitely will help..
google helps a lot
this may take u months..
Writing the first sentence.
Decsribe the picture as general.
- The family is in a living room.
- The people are doing some activities at the beach.
- The pupils are doing various activities in the classroom.
- There are children doing several activities at the playground.
Now they are ready to start writing by describing a picture..
Follow these ..
* pics use are not mine.. forget where i take them.. contact me if they violate any copyright so that i can remove them.